I found this recipe on the web a long time ago and I don't even remember who created it. I am posting it here because I believe that it is worth a try.
For the burgers take:
- 100 g pecans - soaked over night
- 100 g cashew - soaked over night
- 75 g sun-dried tomato - soaked over night
- ½ bunch fresh cilantro
- ½ Tsp curry powder
- pinch hot chili powder
- pinch of Himalaya salt
Blend all the ingredients in a food processor. Form little burgers and dehydrate at 105°F for about 4 hours at each side. When ready serve with cashew sauce and a tossed baby greens & sprouts salad.
Cashew Nut Sauce:
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked over night
- 1/2 c pine nuts, soaked over night
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/2 lime, peeled
- 1 1/2 - 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp Himalaya salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp chives or spring onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 soft dates, pitted
Puree all ingredients in a blender and blend until a smooth sauce is formed.
The sauce can be stored in the fridge in a tightly sealed glass container for up to 2 weeks.
In radiant health - passionately raw - Dominique