This wonderful recipe was published by Bon Appétit magazine. Although this wonderful publication is not completely dedicated to raw food, it is a vital inspiration to any chef.
Like in any of the raw recipes that I publish in this blog, you may want to experiment with the ingredients. Feel free to adjust the amounts according to your personal taste and preferences.
- 2 cups finely diced peeled cucumber
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 jalapeño (with seeds for an extra hot sensation), finely diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- pink Himalaya salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Place cucumber, onions, herbs and jalapeño in a mixing bowl.
- Add lime juice and olive oil. Stir well.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add more lime juice if needed.
Enjoy in good in good company with raw crackers or traditional tortilla chips.
In radiant health - passionately raw - Dominique