Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Timeless Raw Beauty

Two days before my birthday I was asked by a colleague how old I am going to be on Friday. I told her that I am turning 53. She said that I looked amazingly young and quickly added "Who knows how much botox is in your face."... Botox?! I asked how old she was. 47 was the answer. I was in shock! Twice!

First, I look at least 10  years younger than I am. Second, she looked like someone who actually was much  older than me. We both realized that.

I am very proud of the way I look. Most people who see me see a person who took a very good care of herself, a person who has a great respect for her body and a great respect for nature. 

It is a well known fact that we are what we eat and yet, so many people do not understand this connection. Meanwhile, celebrities previously known for their decadence are embracing the raw food lifestyle. And it shows! The before and after pictures look nothing like the unnatural images we usually get to see when plastic surgeons advertise their services.

The beauty, and most importantly, health, do come from the raw, live foods that are rich in fiber, enzymes, vitamins, minerals, and other life preserving compounds.

As I wrote before the transition to raw foods is not always easy and it has to be taken in small steps. But those who introduce raw food into their diets gradually notice improvement in health and stamina, not to mention the looks. This goes for both, men and women.

Author and raw foodie Mimi Kirk, age 73

Whether you are living a raw food lifestyle already or are looking for information and inspiration, you will always find good and useful advice from those who embraced raw foods. Some of them publish books share their experiences and recipes with others. Simply visit a bookstore or check online.

In radiant health - passionately raw - Dominique

         

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis