Raw foodies and broccoli lovers find the most amazing ways to utilize this vegetable that other people only eat cooked, if at all, and broccoli crunch is one of them.
Nutritional value of broccoli cannot be underestimated. Rich in vitamins, minerals and carotenoids, this cruciferous vegetable has an amazing anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory and detoxifying quality. It helps improve digestion and supports cardio-vascular health.
In this recipe I used ingredients that would enhance the antioxidant action of broccoli. As always, feel free to experiment with ingredients and proportions.
- 4-5 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup dried, unsulfured organic berries (I used blue berries, cherries, cranberries, and raisins)
- 1/2 cup organic walnuts
- 1 medium sized red onion, chopped
- 1 small sweet potato, grated
- 1 small cup of organic Greek yogurt (I used Oikos)
- 2 Tbsp organic honey
- 1/2 cup virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper flakes
- freshly grind black pepper
- pink Himalaya salt
- Place broccoli, berries, onions, nuts, and grated sweet potato in a bowl.
- Make dressing mixing yogurt, honey and olive oil. It should be smooth and not too liquid. Add spices to taste.
- Transfer dressing to the salad bowl and mix well covering all other ingredients. Add more salt or pepper, if needed.
- Cover the salad bowl and place in a fridge for 15 minutes.
- Serve chilled as a main course or to accompany other dishes.
In radiant health - passionately raw - Dominique