Walnut Taco Mix
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 Tbsp. nama shoyu - raw, unpasteurized soy sauce
- 1/8 tsp. ground chipotle pepper (or more if you like it spicy!)
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
Put all ingredients in a food processor and pulse just to mix. Don’t over-blend, or you will end up with walnut butter!
Cashew “Sour Cream”
- ½ cup raw cashews
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 5 Tbsp. water (approximate amount)
Put all ingredients except water in a high speed blender or food processor and blend, adding water one tablespoon at a time until the desired consistency is reached. If you want a thick cream, use less water, for a thinner sauce, use more. You will not achieve a perfectly smooth sauce with a food processor, but it is still delicious!
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped fine
- ½ orange or yellow bell pepper, chopped fine
- ½ red onion or 4 green onions, minced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ clove garlic, minced
- juice of ½ lime
- 1 tsp. raw honey
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of sea salt
1. Whisk the garlic, lime juice, honey, olive oil and sea salt in the bottom of a bowl and set aside.
2. Cut up the veggies into rather small pieces, chop the cilantro and add everything to the dressing bowl. Fold to combine and let sit for at least 10 minutes to allow the flavours to meld.
Other Raw Taco elements:
ripe avocados (about ½ per person)
Savoy cabbage (or collard, kale, or romaine lettuce)
Make tacos folding the greens instead of tortillas. Enjoy in good company!
Recipe source My New Roots