I sometimes look at other raw food blogs and really wonder whether salads are going out of fashion. There are so many recipes - some quite sophisticated, but not too many people are making salads. Yet for me a giant bowl of mixed greens and whatever else I find in my fridge is a pure blessing.
- 1 handful of arugula
- 1 handful of baby spinach
- 1 ripe heirloom tomato, diced
- 1/2 English cucumber, chopped
- 2-3 radishes, chopped
- 1/2 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 carrot, julienned
- 1/2 small purple cabbage, julienned
- 1/2 cup mixed, chopped herbs: parsley, cilantro, basil, dill
- 1/2 cup virgin olive oil
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- pink Himalaya salt
- freshly grind black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and gently toss with cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil.
- Add a dash of freshly squeezed lemon juice. Toss again.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Ready!
Enjoy in good company!
In radiant health - passionately raw - Dominique