Figs in season. Use them for better digestion, to balance your hormones, prevent cancer and balance blood sugar.
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup chopped driedTurkish figs
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1 tbsp maca powder
- ¼ tsp vanilla powder
- 1 pinch pink Himalaya salt
- ¼ cup raw honey
- 2 tbsp raw agave nectar
- Place all the ingredients except for honey and agave nectar into a food processor and grind until you get a crumbly consistency.
- Add in the honey and agave nectar and keep blending until the mixture becomes soft and pasty.
- Put the batter on a cutting board and start shaping granola bars. Enjoy in good company!
Recipe by Chef Perkunas